So i was watching monday night laughs (a 2hr and 30 min. back to back special of sitcoms on starworld) by myself, at home, in my room...alone...so yeah. So there i was watching, lmao-ing, i was on my 3rd show which is "stacked" and my sister knocked on the door and asked if she could use my lappy for her school project, and so i did. So she grabbed my lappy, sat on my bed and started typing and stuff. I never got to enjoy the rest of my shows 'cause she was in my room. Truth is i like watching my shows by myself, prolly 'cause no one in the house appreciate foreign humor or sarcasm as much as i do. I'm a very
I got my own little world. I have most of my fun alone. I laugh the hardest alone. I do most of the stuff i like to do alone. I may look like i have a lot of fun with friends and stuff but none of them really appreciates what i feel like doing, or at least that's what i see from where i stand. I like watching sitcoms like the nanny, less than perfect, two and a half men, psych etc. It doesn't really require too much thinking to get what they're saying. The way they say it, the way they make something decent sound so inappropriate. It's just plain hilarious while filipino comedy is so mundane, it's always the same, you see it in every show. The speech pattern is so predictable. I guess i just got tired of the same old props. Although, i did see this short commercial-like sitcom they have that i almost mistook as a foreign show, it's called camera's cafe btw, which i really found a little funny and interesting but still could'nt get myself to watch it.
I live in a country where people appreciate physical comedy rather than dialogical comedy, which i appreciate more. And most people here prefer to watch what they can relate to rather than those they can't, obviously. I love the play of words like the line on will & grace where Karen asked Will how badly he wanted the job and Will said "Very badly," and then Karen said "badly enough to suck that peanut off the table." That was precious and down right hilarious, old show but new to me. I give the acting a perfect 10 and as far as the other foreign sitcoms go, i love them all. Well, you notice a korny show when you see one. But so far i haven't seen any yet. So far my number one show is stacked, its hilarious, somewhat intelligent, and i love it when they ignore Stuart (brian scolaro) at times when he desperately asks for the attention.
Anyway, like i said, no one appreciates this kind of humor as much i do, or at least haven't met anyone who does. I do have this friend who likes will and grace and a bunch of those other shows i mentioned too but we never really get to talk about it since i only started watching and the episodes i've just watched, he hasn't yet. I feel so alienated in my own environment, but i try my hardest to get through it. Maybe that's why i put up a tough front in front of everyone around me. I'll just end this post before i get too carried away.
To sum it up, i'm at my happiest when i'm alone watching my shows by myself since i'm the only one that gets them. I sure need a soulmate right about now, it sucks keeping things to myself all the time. Gosh i feel like such a loser right now. But hopefully, things will get better. Think positive (i'm more of a pessimist though). i blabbed too much so i'm gonna stop here :D
Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love reading your posts. You are quite eloquent in speech, and I love seeing what makes you laugh :)
ReplyDeleteI am glad I FINALLY found your blog right now, lol.
hope you are having a good day, i love catching up with you on plurk, you always have fun and witty retorts. :D
xoxo
Molly